Thursday, August 12, 2010

Amelie inspirations {movie decor}

  
Paul Johnson's poster art
Whimsical, funny and cute - Amelie touches our hearts, makes us sigh and smile :) A must watch, if you haven't already! I also love the deep red, green and gorgeous interiors. Oh, I miss Paris! For this is parisian life at it's leisurely pace, a sweet music in our ears... a cute story set in a very cute city that I loved living so close to, dearly. 

Amelie quotes and trivia:
The main colors in the film (green, yellow and red) are inspired by the paintings of the Brazilian artist Jurez Machado.


Some of the locations in the film can be found in Montmartre. The café "Les 2 Moulins" can be found at the beginning of Rue Lepic and the vegetable/fruit store "Collignon" at 56 Rue des Trois Frères.


Narrator: "Amelie has one friend, Blubber. Alas the home environment has made Blubber suicidal. 
[Pet fish leaps out of fish bowl in an attempt at suicide] "


Amelie : [whispering in theater] I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old American movies. 


Amelie: [to her father, who is not paying attention] I had two heart attacks, an abortion, did crack... while I was pregnant. Other than that, I'm fine. 




I love these following wedding inspiration ideas! Aren't these lovely!? 
wedding inspiration via

 


And remember these two prints above Amelie's bed - these are from artist Michael Sowa and you can get them at art.com for a great price! :) buy them here
Pottery Barn Bed via apartmenttherapy
By Claudia Varosio - 18$

Buy this Amelie inspired wallpaper here

via

4 comments:

GB said...

Really loving that dresser with the poster!!! great post! this movie is the one that got away...but I'm going to fix that right now...

:)

Anna @ IHOD said...

Thank you for stopping by today! It is always fun meeting new people:)
And this post is fantastic!!
Have a great weekend!

Thisishollywood said...

Wow Great Post..!!
Decorate your tables to match your party theme as well. Start with a centerpiece as your focal point, if your tables are round. If the tables are oblong, use one centerpiece in the middle and then smaller versions of the centerpiece on each side.

Trenthamfolk said...

Lovely post... Amelie is my absolute favourite film of all time. It even beats 'The Lost Boys'. Quite a feat for a child of the 80's! I learned a thing or two that I didn't previously know, and am inspired to re-decorate our bedroom, Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails