Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Play Clan {Design Feature}


I came across Play Clan rather randomly and it left an impression. You can identify Play Clan stuff anywhere, once you get their flavor, I think I even spotted few cushions in.. was it Rajneeti (?)... I think! Quirky, fun and full of life (quite literally) .. and very affordable - I really really like them!! :) And while in Chennai I got to see some of their stuff first hand at The Park and Evoluzione. Cushions, coasters, t-shirts, posters - you name it, they have it!
colaba coasters - love these!! :)
Himanshu whose brain child Play Clan is, has been really sweet to have taken out time to tell me more about Play clan, how it came about and a little about himself. Thanks Himanshu!! :)





What is Play Clan?
Himanshu: Play Clan is a concept that combines 'Fashion, Art and Design' to create lines in Home, Apparel, Gifts and Stationery,  inspired by the colorful life, culture and people of the Modern India.
purani dilli
How old is it?
Himanshu: I founded play can in 2008 with our first store at the Select Citywalk.
What made you come up with the Play Clan concept?
Himanshu: Play Clan celebrates the life in India and our products reflect the energy and inspiration that we see everyday around us. We are storytellers that weave these tales in our product. 

Your favorite piece in Play Clan? 
Himanshu: I love the loaded shirt... it combines screen printing and embroidery with interesting placement. The copy in hindi says, follow traffic rules!

Three words that describe you?
Himanshu: I would like to answer that from a Brands point of view : Three words that describe Play Clan are - TAKE INDIA HOME 
What inspires you?
Himanshu: Everything that I see has some inspiration in it... I guess India has that charm!
Favorite city?
Himanshu: I guess Dillwaale Dilliwaale :)
Get upto 25% off on Play Clan products here for next two days!

or visit and buy them here - theplayclan


3 comments:

Maya said...

Love your blog Neha. It's really lovely.
I will surely check out PlayClan, funky stuff they have!

Designwali said...

just found your blog..so much fun! love playcan too!

GB said...

Playclan looks like so much fun! I was wondering where you had disappeared to...can't wait for the fashion post...I really miss Indian fashion out here!!!

So Glad to have you back! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails